A lot of skilled and talented worked form South Asian origin got their subclass 489 visa RSMS and it was most liked choice. However RSMS subclass 187 has ruled the hearts of so many people in the subcontinent since 2009 but it’s time to say goodbye your favorite RSMS subclass 187 (Direct Entry) stream. Application for Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) Direct Entry pathway has been closed from 15th November 2019. New program Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa will be made from 16th November 2019. After the new subclass 491 and 494 visas are granted from the 16th November, holders of these visas can use the new 191 visa to lodge PR. This subclass 191 visa will be vastly different from the current 887 version which will remain in place for 489 visa holders. A quick guide about two subclasses (491 and 494) which commenced from 16th November 2019 are:
Two invitation pathways through Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) subclass 491 visa are:
- State / Territory nominated
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) – Subclass 491 visa:
This visa lets eligible skilled workers and their families live, work and study in designated regional areas for 5 years. The Subclass 491 visa will have 504 eligible occupations (77 more than closest non-regional equivalent visa).
- You should have a relevant occupation on the skilled occupation list;
- You should have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation;
- Satisfy the points test;
- Age under 45 years at the time of invitation
- Have Competent English;
- You should be nominated by a state or territory government agency or be sponsored by an eligible relative;
- You must meet public interest criteria including health and character requirements.
There are a few conditions linked with this visa as follows:
You have to live, work and study only in a designated regional area of Australia
You have to notify Immigration of a change to your residential address, contact details, passport details, the address or addresses of an employer of the holder and the address of the location of a position in which the holder is employed within 14 days.
Condition 8580 and 8581:
If requested you have to provide information and evidence relating to your location; and, if requested in writing by the Minister to do so, attend an interview at a place and time as specified in the request.
RSMS subclass 187 Direct Entry is replacing Subclass 494 visa program :
The program has 9,000 places allocated per year. It has 673 eligible occupations (Over 450 more occupations than closest non-regional equivalent visa). It requires employer sponsorship and the position must be likely to exist for a minimum of 5 years. The visa validity period is 5 years. Conditions will be imposed which will enforce the government’s intentions that visa holders live, work and study only in regional areas and only in the nominated position. Visa holders can move between regional areas. Regional areas are defined as any area excluding Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Perth. It has two streams:
- Sponsored by employer
- Labor Agreement
- Under 45 year of age at the time of application
- Competent English at the time of application
- Job offer from approved sponsoring company which must be for 5 years
- At least three years full-time relevant work experience in the nominated occupation
- Successful skills assessment at the time of application
- Should meet health and character requirements
Highlights of the Program:
- Visa will be granted for 5 years
- You will be eligible for medical care (Health insurance not required)
- GTE requirement does not apply
- Must live and work for 3 years in regional areas to get Skilled Regional subclass 191 Visa
- Can move between jobs but will have 90 days to find a new nominator
- Cannot apply for any other skilled PR or 820 partners visa for 3 years
You will be eligible to apply for a Permanent Residence visa after three years through Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa subclass 191 if:
- You have earned a minimum taxable income for three years as the holder of a regional provisional visa.
- You have complied with the conditions of the regional provisional visa; particularly the requirement to live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia (child must study in regional area).
There are some important definitions determined by the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) that you need to fulfil in order to satisfy the requirement of subclass 491, 494 and 191. It is a complicated process which involves a lot of work and good knowledge. Our professional team of Migration agents at Vision Consultants Australia will help assess your eligibility keeping in mind the Migration Regulations and Migration Act of 1958. We are happy to cover all your process! Contact us today via firstname.lastname@example.org