- An applicant must be student’s* parent, legal guardian or relative;
- Sufficient funds to support him/herself and student during stay in Australia;
- Must be minimum 21 years of age;
- Can be able take care of student
*an international student who is under 18 years of age, or, a student who is 18 years of age or older, but, require certain care and support due to exceptional circumstances.
- It is applicable to any of following condition:
- to stay five years in Australia; or;
- until student attains the age of 18; or;
- Expiry of student visa duration.
The applicant has to provide sufficient, legal and genuine documents to prove relationship with student as per requirement of DIBP. (Refer www.border.gov.au for more updates).
The applicant has to undergo with health screening test and meet certain requirement to be eligible for this visa.
Generally the applicant is not allowed to work in Australia on this visa. The guardian can look after more than one student, normally, there is one guardian per student visa holder. The guardian has to support and take care of student.