This visa allows Australian businesses to sponsor someone who is highly skilled or qualified and unable to find these skills among Australian citizen or permanent resident. The businesses require to be on approved sponsor business list from DIBP before issuing sponsorship letter.
This new visa (to be effective from March 2018) will replace Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (subclass 457). TSS Visa will compromised of a Short-Term stream of two years and a Medium Term steam of up to four years will certainly assist Australian businesses in meeting effective skill deficiencies in their workforce and give priority to Australian workers. Few of key points included in this visa are:
- Meeting Temporary Shortage Of Skilled Workers In Australia
- To Strengthen The Integrity And Quality Of Australia’s Temporary And Permanent Employer Sponsor Skilled Migration Programs
- A Requirement For Visa Applicants To Have At Least Two Years’ Work Experience In Their Skilled Occupation
- Employer Must Pay The Australian Market Salary Rate And Meet The Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT)
- A Non-discriminatory Workforce Test To Ensure Employers Are Not Actively Discriminating Against Australian Workers
- Meeting English Language Requirements
- Compulsory Penal Clearance Certificates To Be Provided
- Applicant Must Be Under The Maximum Age Requirement Of 45 At The Time Of Application
- Significantly Condensing The Occupation Lists Used For Skilled Migration Visas Including The Subclass 457 Visa.
Please refer to www.border.gov.au for more updates.
ENS (subclass 186) is for skilled workers who want to work, study and live in Australia. This visa allows holders to stay in Australia on permanent or indefinite basis. In addition to this you can apply for Australian citizen upon eligibility and sponsor eligible relatives on permanent basis. You can further enroll with Medicare, Australia scheme for health related care and expenses.
- Must Be Nominated By An Approved Business/Employer
- Must Be Under 50 Years Of Age If You Are Applying Under Temporary Residence Transition Steam, Or, Under 45 Years Of Age If You Are Applying Under Direct Entry Stream
- Have Proficient Skills, Qualification And Experience
- Have `Positive’ And Valid Skill Assessment From Australian Relevant Skill Assessment Body
- Meet Requirement Of English Language (Www.Border.Gov.Au)
- Meet Health And Character Requirements
- Capable To Meet Other Requirements Of Stream Under Which You Are Applying
This stream is available for those applicants who have worked in Australia under Temporary (skilled) work visa (subclass 457) for at least 2 years out of 3 years under same occupation with their nominated employer before nomination application is made. This sponsorship is with understanding that employer wants to offer a permanent position to applicant in that occupation. An applicant’s skills do not need to be assessed as he/she has already worked for nominating employer for two years in Australia.
A person who has never, or only briefly, worked in Australia can apply for this stream subject to have been nominated by Australian approved business under the Direct Entry steam. Moreover residents who do not qualify for Temporary Residence Transition Steam can also apply for the Direct Entry Steam.
The stream is available for those persons who are sponsored by an Australian employer through a negotiated formal labor agreement.