Are you someone who has almost dream of studying in the universities of Australia? Stuck about how you will fulfill your study abroad goal? Well, if you are confused about why you should study in Australia and the cost of living & financial aid available in Australia, then here’s some piece of vital information for all the passionate students. Australia is one of the top study destinations across the globe. It offers enriching experience to the international students because of its friendly people, laid-back nature, excellent education system, and high standards of living.
Here’s why you should choose Australia as your study abroad destination!
- Famous for Education: Australia is the third most popular country for students around the world and offers cultural diversity, friendly natives, and most specifically high end quality of education.
- Worldwide Recognition: The education system in Australia has a very impressive global reputation and students from Australian universities are highly sought after by companies.
- Various Study Choices: you get really good options to choose from courses and degrees in various fields be it technical or non-technical. International students can chose between universities, vocational education and English language training’s.
- Technology and Research are focused: This country leads in new technology and innovations. This is one of the most appealing aspect of the country for international students and they can take advantage of the country’s impressive technology and research resources.
- Work Opportunities: International Students are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week while they are studying in Australia which is a great opportunity for students who want to earn money while studying and gain work experience in their field of interest.
- Amazing Weather: Since Australia is located in the Southern Hemisphere, the seasons in Australia are opposite to what you normally experience in Asia or Europe.
- Diverse Society, People and Culture: Australia has a highly diverse demographics. It has people speaking different languages, practicing different religions and sharing different histories in abundance. The students studying in Australia definitely get a chance to experience diverse and fascinating cultures.
- Education Cost: The studying cost of academic programs in Australia is decently less when we compare it to their counterparts in the USA or UK, making Australia a preferred choice for many international students.
- Accommodation: It is not hard to find a place to stay in Australia as there are many options to choose from for international students. Some of the universities do provide hostel facilities to the students but normally majority of the students prefer to live off-campus in various private hostels or on rent.
- Transportation: The transportation system in Australia is very large and well maintained as its huge size demands an extremely efficient system. Students can choose to travel by taxis, buses, trains, planes etc.
HOW MUCH LIVING IN AUSTRALIA CAN COST ME?
Well, Even if the cost of study in Australia is comparatively cheaper than countries like USA or UK, the cost of living and other expenses vary based on the location, with urban city areas being expensive than towns or rural ones. Plenty of funding is required for covering various costs like lodging and food expenses, medical insurance in addition to tuition fees of your course. To get a general estimate of the amount required, it is advisable to go through prospectuses and other information brochures of prospective universities and institutes. We have broken down some of the costs that might help you get an idea of the expenses.
- $75 to $140 per week on guesthouses and hostels
- $65 to $260 per week on shared rental houses
- $80 to $250 per week on campus accommodation
- $110 to $270 per week on homestay
- $100 to $400 per week on rental
- $11,000 to $25,000 a year in boarding schools
Daily Necessities Expense
- $75 to $210 per week on eating out, grocery items, etc.
- $60 to $100 per week on electricity and gas bills
- $15 to $60 per week on internet and phone bills
- $10 to $50 per week on public transport
- $150 to $250 per week on fuel and maintenance of car (if purchased)
- $50 to $100 per week on miscellaneous entertainment
All costs are in Australian dollars* FINANCES TO STUDY IN AUSTRALIA Many students take up jobs to help them through their finances. A way to be sure enough of enough funds is to apply for scholarships or financial aid. If you fulfils the eligibility criteria, then it is advisable to avail such opportunities. Some sources of funding are:
- Home Country: Usually scholarships are for merit students who want to go and study abroad. If your home country has such provisions for an overseas education in Australia, then it is worthwhile to apply for the same, provided that you fulfil the eligibility criteria. Apart from government scholarships, private organizations and companies also sometimes provide scholarship under Corporate Social Responsibility schemes.
- Australian Government/Universities: A number of scholarships are offered by Australian Government as well as Australian Universities for merit students. Some of the Government funded scholarships are Australia Awards Scholarship, Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Awards, International Postgraduate Research Scholarships, among many others. Australian universities and colleges too have many program specific scholarships for international students. It is advisable that students inquire about available scholarships and other financial aids available at the time of admission.
Are you still confused if you should choose Australia or not as your “study abroad landing place”? If you are ready to take dive in, we have Expert International Australian Education Counsellors to sort all your study abroad queries for you, who can also guide you about university and course selection, visa documentation, application processing and guidance on finances. Contact Now *Conditions apply.
Our expert Education and Migration Agents are happy to assist you! Vision Consultants Australia – your trusted source for Education & Migration visa consultancy services.